Having worked with Owners, Architects, vendors and subcontractors from California to Florida and been a vital contributor to the profitability and overall success of several major construction projects over the past 40+ years while serving in executive construction managerial roles, I now seek the opportunity to leverage our considerable skills, knowledge, and experience to manage or construct your projects on time and within budget with Premiere Owner’s Representation.
With my extensive experience directing design development, bidding and estimating, project reporting and accountability of construction operations for high rise construction, and implementing business growth strategies, I’ve enjoyed ample opportunities in success with my leadership, Field operations experience, strategic planning, project management, Project Executive Management and problem-solving skills talents I’m confident will contribute greatly to the continued success of your firm.
Select highlights of my career contributions and achievements thus far include:
- Launching the Palm Beach Division of a major firm and building revenue from zero to $235M in the 1st year. Completing a 92M dollar top out three months early in capacity as an Executive.
- Negotiating projects ranging from $40M to $95M with such key clients as: Wood Partners of Atlanta, Compson Development from Boca Raton, Panther Development in Miami, Avatar Development, New Boston Group in Boston and others.
- Earning the Pyramid Award from the National Chapter of the ABC for a high tech racing facility in Jupiter Florida as the General Contractor and Owner’s Representative on other projects.
- Turning around $50M in failing projects and positioning a Builder for successful acquisition by Catalfumo Companies in 2003.
- Spearheading the successful construction of Thirty Marriot and Hilton hotels across 7 states for MEI Hotels.
Construction Management ~ Financial Management ~ Operations Management
Accomplished construction executive and Owner’s representative with 40+-year portfolio of success delivering large-scale building and development projects on time and within budget. Reputable for turning around failing construction projects valued at $50M+. Adept at establishing short- and long-term business growth strategies, developing SOPs, and ensuring quality workmanship and safety compliance. Skilled in overseeing multi-state operations. Dedicated to delivering exemplary client service.
Additional areas of expertise:
Construction Management Strategic Planning Project Executive P&L Management
Staff Supervision New Division Start-Ups Business Development Contract Negotiations
Safety Training OSHA Compliance Project Management Cost Overrun Avoidance
Pre-Construction Management Bidding Process Customer Satisfaction
PBG CONSTRUCTION, L.L.C.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 2008-Present
Launch the Palm Beach Company; established business development strategies and set 1st-year and long-term revenue goals. Directed all daily operations of construction firm. Negotiated and drafted owner-contractor agreements. Maintained profit and fee structure during business growth phase. Established contractor-subcontractor boilerplate agreements, scopes of work, and safety requirements. Ensured 100% customer satisfaction and drove efforts to retain repeat customers. I bring contracts and projects in on time and on budget:
- Completed a new Formula One race track and facility to include a world class drag strip. Four world records broken and project awarded the coveted Pyramid Award from the National Chapter of The ABC for 2008
- Large Scale projects in Maryland and Florida.
COASTAL CONSTRUCTION OF PALM BEACH
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 2004-2008
Division Vice President ( Contract basis)
Recruited to launch the Palm Beach Division; established business development strategies and set 1st-year and long-term revenue goals. Directed all daily operations of construction firm. Negotiated and drafted owner-contractor / subcontractor agreements. Maintained profit and fee structure during business growth phase. Established contractor-subcontractor boilerplate agreements, scopes of work, and safety requirements. Ensured 100% customer satisfaction and drove efforts to retain repeat customers. Oversaw all pre-construction and bidding functions.
- Propelled division revenue from zero to $235M in the 1st year and maintained sales volume up to present day.
- Negotiated projects ranging from $40M to $95M in with such key clients as: Wood Partners of Atlanta, Compson Development from Boca Raton, Panther Development in Miami, Avatar Development, and New Boston Group in Boston.
- Created monthly Project Status Management reports comprehensive project reviews utilized to determine profitability.
- Earned Best Building in South Florida in 2006 designation by South Florida Business Journal.
SEAWOOD BUILDERS, INC.
Deerfield Beach, FL 2001-2004 (Contract basis for Owner’s Representation)
Executive Vice President
Supervised 10 Project Managers and oversaw all project phases from conception to delivery. Spearheaded all business development initiatives. Developed and facilitated a comprehensive safety training course. Managed pre-construction bid department. Implemented cost controls and monthly project status reporting to avoid profit slides and cost overruns.
- Recruited to turnaround $50M in failing projects; build high rise buildings, generate new construction sales and drive efforts to successfully generate profits.
- Orchestrated the on-time delivery of $180M in large-scale projects ranging in value from $10M to $65M for such key clients as: South Coast Partners, North Broward High School.
- Positioned firm financially for successful acquisition by Catalfumo Companies in 2004.
MEI HOTELS, INC.
Cleveland, OH 1992-2000 (Contract basis for Owner’s Representation)
Executive VP of Development & Construction (Contract basis)
Oversaw the development, design, and construction of hotels owned and operated by the master corporation, its affiliates, and its investors. Established construction goal of 15 hotels /year for the 1st 5 years. Negotiated and drafted all owner agreements, and contractor-subcontractor boilerplate agreements. Additional, Supervised the design and pre-construction department functions.
- Commandeered the successful construction of 30 Marriot and Hilton hotels across 7 states.
- Expanded business to a multi-state operation while effectively maintaining cost controls.
- Recruited, trained, and built staff to 60-member team of professionals across 8 states.
- Search and seek new and available properties for development.
*CAREER NOTE: Background includes prior experience as Executive Vice President of Construction for WINDSOR DEVELOPMENT, INC. in Falls Church, Virginia. Seventeen years. (Details upon request.)
EDUCATION, SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Structure Engineering Studies
- Northern Virginia Community College, Bailey’s X Roads, Virginia
- Building in Humid Climates Certification OSHA Compliance Insurance Basic Certification
- Word Excel Primavera Timberline AutoCAD : Quick Books
Associated Builders and Contractors of America
Click here to visit my Keller Williams Luxury Home Sales web page.
Click here to visit my Manatee County Luxury Home Sales web page.